Monday, March 30, 2015

This week has been another amazing week! And I say that because it has been a week of learning how to become more like the savior, that's our whole purpose in life, 3 Nephi 12:48.  And we can become perfect by following the example of the Savior and do as he has commanded us to do.

Everyone thinks that commandments are restrictions or suggestions.  No and no, they are laws that help us to become more like Christ and to build our faith, and in turn if we follow them we will be blessed, that's a promise DC 82:8-10, probably one of my all time favorites now, and they are not suggestions, they are commandments ha-ha, we need to abide by them in order to receive the greatest gift of all, Eternal life DC 14:7.  Yeah, they are hard, but the Lord ALWAYS provides a way for us to accomplish what he has asked 1 Nephi 3:7. I like what Sister Verdejo put in her email, where everything starts with prayer and scripture study! It is very true, if we are not putting in the effort to change our lives to become more in harmony with the Lord's teachings, then we are not going to receive those blessings! Don't complain if the blessings are not coming if you are not doing the things that we have been asked to do, and if you are doing everything, Endure! Ha-ha, this week has been amazing.



This week I learned a lot about how I can transfer all of this dedication and diligence for after all of this, I feel bad that I didn'€™t do more to help for my mission.  Laziness is probably my biggest pet peeve now, which includes just sitting down and watching TV or playing video games.  Before this week I did no€™t feel that way, but there's a change happening in me that I cannot describe and it i€™s the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me, and it is all because of my Savior.   Without him, this mission would be a waste, reading the scriptures would do nothing, praying would be pointless and living would make no sense, but because I know that we do have a savior and he lives, I can change.  The only way to do that is through his everlasting atonement.  he has given us a blessing that we will always be in debt for, we can never ever feel entitled for anything because Jesus Christ did something FOR US that we can never repay, and all he asks for is a broken heart and a contrite spirit and to follow his example.

Sorry there's a lot of references of scriptures, but if you really want to know what they say, then read them! We had two more baptisms this week and I got to baptize one of them which was great! It's all because of the atonement of Jesus Christ! If you are ever struggling he is there waiting for you with his arms open, with mercy and all we need to do is repent! Alma 5:33, find out what repentance means to you and then look it up in the topical guide! Repentance is the best gift! And the Holy Ghost, and all the others gifts... but it's a blessing to be able to repent, so do it!

Love you all, have fun and remember anything is possible through Christ! That's the reason why we have missionaries and that we are here on earth, because of Christ!

 Andrew loves the mountains
 

No comments:

Post a Comment