Monday, September 14, 2015

Well this week was one of the best! We have zone meeting and I got to do a couple day split in Vanadzor to show some of my buddies around. I got to meet with lots of people that I absolutely love to death! It’s really important to keep in touch with them because they will remember the feelings they felt with you.  When I came back I and my bro talked.  The thing that is great about having mission companions is willing to cut someone down to build them back up. We are super great friends and I’m super grateful I got to serve with him! Transfers are this week and things point to change.  I am super going to miss him.  I’ve been blessed through my mission to have good companions and every transfer they get better.  I was reading in the scriptures today and I read  a verse in Alma that has made a great impact on me. Alma 4:19  19 And this he did that he himself might go forth among his people, or among the people of Nephi, that he might preach the word of God unto them, to stir them up in remembrance of their duty, and that he might pull down, by the word of God, all the pride and craftiness and all the contentions which were among his people, seeing no way that he might reclaim them save it were in bearing down in pure testimony against them.
All we can really do, not just as missionaries but as a church body, is just bear testimony.  Testimony is the quickest way to invite the Spirit and if the Spirit is there, the people will be able to choose clearly to reject or accept.  Also, beware pride.  President Benson mentioned that a couple times in his ministry.... sorry this isn’t super interesting but I love you all and hope you are all happy! Happiness exists!

Elder Porcelli

No comments:

Post a Comment