Monday, January 19, 2015

This week has been really awesome.  Every day we have been super busy.  We have a lot of amazing members here and a lot of amazing investigators.  The spirit has been so much more subtle here and its awesome.  

We have a baptism this week and we're hoping that everything will go well.  I'm feeling a lot more comfortable here, the only thing that I wish could happen is that I could understand what people are saying.  I can understand for the most part, but a lot of the times what I thought they were saying was the exact opposite.  Its super fun to listen to the things that people say though when I do understand.  

The start of the week we had tons of progress and everything was going really well.  Towards the end of the week a lot of our appointments were falling through, but we met a lot of amazing people during those times.  We had part of a day where everyone just thought we were bad people for no reason, it was really weird, but at the end of the day we had some really good lessons.

The things that I have learned on my mission have been so great. Everything that has happened whether it was good or bad, has helped me to grow a ton! I hope that all of you are having tons of fun at home! But, I will say that this place is the best place in the world and the people are amazing! 

My companion has been trusting me a lot of the times to be able to teach a lot during lessons and everything is going really well.  We had a lot of great testimonies that we bore and the spirit has been super strong.  I hope everyone is reading from the Book of Mormon and praying every day, because God wants to help us every second and we can't be helped if we don't communicate or put in the effort to be helped. 
 
Oh, one more cool thing is we are teaching a super cool guy who prays for 2 hours everyday and is a hippy. He doesn't usually listen to us and just preaches to us but he's an awesome guy.  He believes in a lot of the things that we do but doesn't believe that Christ is Gods son.  It's hard, but he's a great guy.  

Just remember that we do know that Christ is God's only begotten son and only through him can we be saved. (read Mosiah 3, it helps a lot with this question) 

Love you all! have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment