Monday, February 23, 2015


So, this week was really interesting.  We had zone conference this week and so I got to see some of my MTC group buddies and afterwards I went on splits to Gymuri with my MTC companion and I loved it there! I met some amazing people there and the members there asked if I could stay and switch with his companion so I could stay.  She even called the president... it made me feel good and bad but it wasn’t a big deal.  I found a really good Sharma place for them and got to see the city a little bit and translate for the senior companions there.  In zone conference the main theme was finding more faith, that’s what I took away.  It was an amazing conference because we have some pretty high goals for this year and the only way to reach them is through faith in Christ. 
I have been experiencing the ups and downs in missionary work and in myself.  It is definitely not easy, but if it was easy then we wouldn’t grow.  My companion and I have been talking a lot lately and kind of opening up, it is really important because we have definitely become a better companionship but we also trust each other and we've been telling each other how great this gospel is, because you can always be working on something. 
We had another baptism this week and it was really great because we didn’t do anything.  She just took the gospel and ran with it and her family is following her example.  It comes to the point where we can only do so much for them. But, we've learned that the only way they will become truly converted to Christ is if they do these things on their own and find everything out for themselves.  It’s been hard the past couple days for mission stuff but we have been blessed with a lot of great people in our lives. 
This letter is not super spiritual but I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on and that only through faith is how miracles happen.  1 Nephi 7:12 says that God can do all things through the faith of men, so let us be faithful.  I love that scripture and there are so many more that talk about how faith is how you will receive answers to your prayers and to your trials, if that makes sense.  
Anyway, my point is that Christ is amazing and has done everything for us and all we have to do is believe on his name and have faith.  I’m stoked right now; faith means everything to me because I’ve struggled with that throughout my life but on my mission I have learned how to have faith and EXERCISE it.  Well, there it is.
Love all of you to death, literally all of you! Remember if you need anything email my companion, he's a hoot, but seriously he’s an amazing guy and he is been like a brother to me! So thanks for everything and to his family and to pretty much everyone, love you all.  Go hayestan
Elder Andrew Porcelli


No comments:

Post a Comment